Sunshine Siding & Windows Co are Your Local Storm Damage Roof and Siding Repair Experts!
Since 1973, Sunshine Siding & Windows Co. of Schaumburg Illinois has been serving the siding and roofing needs throughout the Northwest Suburbs and surrounding areas. This is especially true in times where sever storms damage local properties. Unfortunately during times of storms and home damage the area becomes swarmed with out of state contractors called “storm chasers.” Below you will learn how to spot storm damage to your roof or siding, what the next steps are in the event you have storm damage, why it is best to work with local contractors as well as why Sunshine Siding & Windows is worthy of your call. To schedule A FREE, NO OBLIGATION Roof and Siding Inspection call us today: 847-847-4387
Free Hail Damage Inspections
In the event that a strong storm system has unleashed the punishment of hail know that Sunshine Siding & Windows Co. is just a phone call away. Our team of highly trained professionals will provide you with a free hail damage inspection for both your siding and roofing. In the event that damage is found our team will work to provide you insurance claim assistance.
How to Spot Storm Damage on Roofs & Siding
Storm damage to your home’s roof or siding can be caused by a number of factors such as, high winds, hail, standing water, heavy snows, along with fallen trees and debris. Below are some of the tried and true signs of roof damage following a storm or heavy snow:
- Your attic or ceilings show signs of leaking or rotting/discoloration.
- You find shingles, gutters or metal pieces in your yard.
- Exhaust pipes, valleys, shingles, flashing or outer edges of the roof appear shifted, missing, or broken.
- A tree, large branches, or other sizable debris has fallen against your house.
- Several branches have broken and fallen onto your roof. Or you heard something thump against your roof during a storm.
- If you can view the roof without climbing on it, observe if there are dimples or other abnormalities.
- Call Sunshine, and we will come out to perform a full inspection!
If any of the above have occurred call Sunshine, and we will come out to perform a full inspection!
Why You Should Use Local Contractors For Storm Damage Repair
The sad truth is, when storms come through the area, so do many disingenuous “companies”. Leaving in their wake, shoddy workmanship, broken promises, mishandled insurance claims and more. When working with local contractors you have a much higher chance of receiving the customer service and workmanship you expect. You also can reach them in the event that something needs adjustment or repair. Below are a couple things you should ask for when dealing with a contractor after a storm:
- Demand a written estimate stating exactly what work will be performed (If this is not included, the contract is non-binding)
- Firm contract price (It is illegal to not include a firm price – beware of “per insurance proceeds”if you see that, refuse to proceed any further.)
- Written warranties (Reputable contractors always provide written warranties)
- Ask for current job site locations. You want to confirm they are doing work in your area as well as to see their crews working (Be sure to be on the look out for out-of-state license plates on the trucks or trucks without company logos and information.)
- Where is their office located? Do they have a local showroom?
- Ask to see their Illinois roofers license
- Never pay money before work is performed.