Cedar Shingles Roofing South Elgin
When it comes to any roofing materials, there are always pros and cons. Cedar shingle roofing is no exception. Many homeowners in the South Elgin Illinois area find that the pros outweigh the cons. It all depends on your specific needs and design preferences. Some factors to consider when choosing a new roof and roofing materials; your climate, location, trees, sun exposure, desired maintenance commitment, and last but not least, your budget.
Below you will find what we consider some of the pros and cons of installing Cedar Shingle roofing on your home.
- They are very beautiful:
- The property value goes up when you decide on cedar shingle roofing. They are a beautiful addition to any home. When cedar ages, it turns into a lovely grayish silver tone.
- Cedar lasts a very long time. Typically 10 years or longer than the common roofing materials. This will save you a lot of money, because you will not have to replace them for a long while.
- Resistance to severe storms:
- Cedar roofing is resistant to strong winds and are very durable in snow storms, hail storm, heavy rains, hurricanes, and any other type of severe storm.
- Energy Efficiency:
- Cedar wood is very energy efficient because it provides a natural insulation that is up to 2 times that of common roofing materials. This allows for you to save in heating and cooling costs throughout the year.
- Cedar roofing shingles are more expensive and will cost more to install. But, when you think about it, your home is the largest investment you have. It only makes sense to top it off with high quality, long lasting roofing material. Since cedar lasts a long time, you are actually going to save money in the long run.
- Regular Maintenance Required:
- No matter what type of roofing material you go with, it will need some sort of maintenance. Cedar is no different than the other types. You can have cedar treatment preservatives added when they are crafting the siding to prevent fungal growth and to make sure the wood is preserved.
When deciding on which type of roofing you want, think about cedar shingles, they will always beat out the competition. They last for a long time, look beautiful, and can protect your home and family in case of a severe storm. For a free quote or design consultation contact our amazing team at Sunshine Siding & Window Co. We will come out to your home and spend the time you need and provide answers to all of your questions. We have proudly been serving the roofing needs of South Elgin Illinois since 1973! We have an A+ Rating with the BBB and 5 star ratings on Google and Facebook.